Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of our frequently asked questions.
Toxins are anything that is harmful to the body. There are many different kinds of toxin: contaminates in our water, our food, in the air, in the environment. Toxins are mainly ingested but can actually be created by the human body itself. Stress and emotional issues can also create a toxic environment in the body.
Our bodies naturally detox on a regular basis through excretion, urination and sweat. Detoxification actually means to remove or decrease the toxic waste in the body. Numerous factors can hamper the body's natural detoxification process and create imbalance. When the body is overloaded with toxins it can impact our overall health and create disease.
It is a good idea to detox if you have been leading an unhealthy lifestyle, have been eating a poor diet or if you have been through a stressful situation. You may be feeling lethargic or congested or actually be dealing with some kind of disease or ill health. Please ensure you contact a health practitioner before starting your detox.
Detoxing can help you to lose weight, feel clearer, lighter and generally have a greater sense of wellbeing and energy. Once you have detoxed there are many ways in which you can maintain a healthy lifestyle and sense of well-being.
Yes. You should always seek advice from a medical professional before starting any kind of detox or cleanse. Please explain to them what kind of detox or cleanse you are going to undertake.
You should also consult with your doctor before stopping any medications that you have been prescribed.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have insulin dependent diabetes
- If you have serious liver or kidney issues
- If you are severely anaemic
- If you are anorexic
- If you are under 18 years of age
Generally lighter forms of exercise such as yoga, tai chi, walking or swimming are advised while you are detoxing. However, if you are used to doing more intense forms of exercise, listen to your body and monitor your energy levels to see if you are able to do higher impact work.
It is very important to do some kind of pre-cleanse before you detox. Try to avoid coffee, gluten, alcohol, dairy products, refined sugar, processed foods and meat and poultry. Try to stick to only vegetables, cooked or raw, and fruits. For more information on pre-cleansing, click here.
- Please note that time in the herbal steam room prior to selected spa day packages is optional and subject to the current state of your health.
- Please make your spa therapist aware of any medical conditions, for example high blood pressure, heart conditions, or if you are pregnant.
For standard treatments cancellations are accepted up to four hours prior to the start of your appointment without incurring a charge. Should the appointment be cancelled with less than four hours notice, you will be charged 50% of the treatment price. If you fail to arrive for your appointment altogether, you will be charged in full.
For Spa Day Packages and Health Republic Detox Programme cancellations will be accepted 12 hours in advance. Should cancellation of the day package be less than 12 hours in advance, you will incur a 50%charge. If you fail to arrive for your appointment, you will be charged in full. For nonresident guests or non Beach Republic club members, a valid credit card and a contact telephone number is required when making a spa booking.
- The Health Republic Asian Fusion Spa is an adult environment. To ensure our spa is a place of peace and tranquility, please turn off your mobile phone or set it to silent. We recommend you leave your phones turned off and in your locker to assist your relaxation!
- Please be considerate and respect the privacy of other spa guests.
- Guests 12 to 16 years of age are permitted to experience selected spa treatments.
- Guests under 12 years of age are not permitted in the spa.
It is always a good idea to consult a health professional before completing a detox. Please remember that it is important to be responsible for your own health. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, please contact your medical practitioner first and then advise us on booking. See our Health Disclaimer and Info page here.